The loonie rose 0.08 of a cent to
Analysts point to low expectations for first quarter U.S. gross domestic product growth, owing to the impact of severe winter weather and suggestions that the economy may actually have contracted during the January-March period.
"Accordingly the expectations for Fed interest rate hikes have been pared back slightly," said
On the commodity markets, June crude in
July copper gained
It's a light week for Canadian data. Statistics
Traders will also look to the release of April existing home sales data Thursday morning.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply