Apple is reportedly planning to introduce a split screen iPad multitasking feature in its upcoming update iOS 8.
According to TC, this split-screen functionality will resemble these features as seen in recent Samsung tablets and the Microsoft Surface, the report claims.
The new feature will not only allow two apps to be used side by side, but will also let users drag images, video and text from one app into the other.
However, it only works in landscape mode, and is said to be targeted at the larger 9.7-inch iPad specifically, casting doubt whether it will work with the iPad mini, the report adds.
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks