This is eHealth Forum week, a time to discuss how technology can bring positive changes into healthcare systems and turn today's health and ageing challenges into economic growth. This year's Forum takes place in
During the forum, the eHealth Network - the leading body for EU cooperation on the interoperability of eHealth, will meet to discuss guidelines for the interoperability of ePrescriptions, due to be adopted in November.
The Greek ePrescription system was first introduced in 2010, and is today used by 98% of pharmacies and 90% of doctors in
The ePrescription system has been a good basis for further modernisation of the Greek health system, which includes an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) containing a patient summary (a summary of all medication a patient is taking, along with other medical and personal data). This is especially helpful for preventing over-prescription and conflicting medication, and it can be life-saving for travelers. The patient summary was developed according to the European patient summary dataset, recently adopted by the eHealth Network with guidelines for this data to be shared across borders.
The Greek ePrescription system was built on the basis of EU-funded epSOS project (more on this video).
mHealth wearable tech
"Wearable tech" is a growing field for health application. Under the USEFIL project which will be demonstrated at the eHealth Forum today, the combination of a smart watch and an even smarter mirror can show you & your carers how you feel and what you do. The product was developed through an EU-funded research project coordinated by Demokritos, the
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Law Lets Users Unlock Cellphones
- Reno Gigafactory No Cinch to Land Tesla Plant
- Body Parts Retrieved at MH17 Crash Site
- Government Meets Goal for Small-business Contracts
- Motorists Get Rare Summer Break on Gas Prices
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA