The stock market is opening mostly higher, a day after major indexes reached record levels.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 16 points, or 0.1 percent, to 16,711 as of
The S&P 500 index finished at an all-time high of 1,896.65 on Monday. The Dow also reached a record high.
U.S. retail sales growth slowed in April.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American