"I have always had a personal view that after 10 years at the helm, change is good, both for the business and the individual," said Kennedy.
"Given the group's very impressive track record under his tenure, this is likely to lead to a period of uncertainty for investors with questions in relation to succession and the group's willingness and ability to pursue significant strategic opportunities in the interim period," said Davy analyst
For its full year results the firm expects the March hit to be offset by sales growth and the later-thanexpected introduction of an Irish online and phone betting tax.
The amount of money staked by users rose 15 per cent in the year to date and total revenue was five per cent higher.
PROFILE: PATRICK KENNEDY The news that
"He has overseen a period of exceptional development and growth in
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- U.S. Consumer Spending Rose 0.4 Percent in June
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars