The choppy trading on
Traders are also digesting a report from the
While sales rose by less than economists had anticipated, the report also showed a notable upward revision to the sales growth in the previous month.
Most of the major sectors are showing only modest moves in early trading, although considerable strength has emerged among housing stocks. The Philadelphia Housing Sector Index has advanced by 1.3%, reaching its best intraday level in over a month.
Currently, the major averages are posting modest gains on the day. The Dow is up 29.67 points or 0.2% at 16,725.14, the Nasdaq is up 2.36 points or 0.1% at 4,146.22 and the S&P 500 is up 2.33 points or 0.1% at 1,898.98.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?