The choppy trading on
Traders are also digesting a report from the
While sales rose by less than economists had anticipated, the report also showed a notable upward revision to the sales growth in the previous month.
Most of the major sectors are showing only modest moves in early trading, although considerable strength has emerged among housing stocks. The Philadelphia Housing Sector Index has advanced by 1.3%, reaching its best intraday level in over a month.
Currently, the major averages are posting modest gains on the day. The Dow is up 29.67 points or 0.2% at 16,725.14, the Nasdaq is up 2.36 points or 0.1% at 4,146.22 and the S&P 500 is up 2.33 points or 0.1% at 1,898.98.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego