Parent company Northwestern Mutual life insurance started exploring the potential sale of Russell in January, following the decision that the firm was not one of its core assets.
Although there was no confirmation of any formal bid, LSE announced yesterday that it is considering the merits of the purchase and is in talks with Northwestern Mutual.
According to sources the company has already attracted interest from private equity firms, including a tie-up of
LSE's late contention would make it one of a small group of potential bidders for the firm, adding to recent interest from
Northwestern Mutual bought
The insurance company aims to sell both the investment management services, valued at £600m, as well as indexes, valued at
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married