A delegation from the Association met with officials from the Troika of international lenders on Monday to discuss the situation on the real estate sector, the one-time driver of the economy and the biggest employer. They are here to assess progress in the fourth assessment of the
Association president Pantelis Leptos said that the situation with the banking sector should first be normalised before any discussion on the repayment of non-performing loans, that have reached a worrying level of 50% of all loans in
"Today we still have restrictions on the export of currency and blocked deposits and if the right time will be given, all these loans will be settled", he said.
Leptos said that the Troika technocrats seemed convinced that the real estate sector could make a big difference during the next three years.
"The next three years is the time during which we need new investments and the professionals of the sector have demonstrated in the past that they can attract foreign investments", he said from abroad and brought in investments around
Leptos referred to the foreign investors who recognised the attractiveness of
Finally, he said that the prices are much higher than those referred to the stress tests, and this is a positive development.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana