Ann Coulter came under fire on social media after she tweeted a version of #BringBackOurGirls with #BringBackOurCountry.
The conservative pundit decided to do her own version of first lady Michelle Obama's photo, which showed a forlorn Obama holding a sign saying #BringBackOurGirls. Obama's photo is part of a global Twitter campaign to bring attention to the 300 kidnapped girls in Nigeria, calling for the Nigerian government to rescue them from the terrorist group Boko Haram.
My hashtag contribution to world affairs ... pic.twitter.com/Wkb8ozYZFC— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) May 12, 2014
When Coulter did her impression of the picture with a sign that said #BringBackOurCountry, it was not received well by social media. Twitter users decided to Photoshop the sign Coulter was holding to highlight the insensitivity of her actions.
Original headline: Ann Coulter's verision of #BringBackOurGirls backfires
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana