Average U.S. rates on fixed mortgages fell last week, the second week in a row, in a lethargic start to the traditional home-buying season. The end of what has been a long stretch of terrible winter weather does not seem to be fueling a bounce-back in the market, and Whirpool's optimism appeared to have settled some nerves.
Whirlpool in late April projected annual earnings of between
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks