The kidnapping of more than 200 schoolgirls in northern
Insecurity, violence and terrorism in
Kaberuka added that he does not buy into the idea that insecurity on the continent is entirely an "African problem", as causes of militant groups are often imported from elsewhere. "I believe some of these fighters cannot even speak an African language," he said.
Fighting crime and terrorism must be multisectoral and inclusive, agreed Erastus J. O. Mwencha, Deputy Chairperson,
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row