His death was announced on
Plewman co-founded the progressive-rock band FM, who issued their debut "Black Noise" in 1977, and quickly established a long career as an eccentric solo artist whose compositions were nearly impossible to classify.
On his atmospheric solo records, Plewman would sometimes play all the instruments himself. Much of his solo work was instrumental, but 1982's "And You Thought You Were Normal" — which included production from
He was secretive about his identity, performing with a tuxedo, top hat and sunglasses as well as the rags on his face, and he was evasive when asked in interviews for his real name.
He announced his retirement from music in 2012, writing on his website that it was "time to roll up the bandages."
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Merck Profit More Than Doubles in Q2
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z