In an interview with The
He said that the interest rates on the sovereign bonds are likely to be lower or around the 2.5 per cent interest rates the bond issuance carried in October last year.
He said that the budget is also set to receive next week the Macro-Financial Assistance soft loan from the
The agreement of the medium-term loan was signed by the government and the EU in
Indicating that the government has recently received
Zu'bi said that
"The short-term fiscal conditions are promising as we feel comfortable with the volumes of grants and cheap lending we expect to receive this year," the official said, expressing hope that the budget deficit will be lower than the JD1.1 billion projected by the government.
Zu'bi said that measures to control spending and raise domestic revenues will help improve the budget performance.
Domestic revenues are picking up to exceed the government forecast for this year, he added.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Exxon Profit Rises, Production Drops