Contract Awarded For Telecommunications Systems For Line 17 Of The SÃo Paulo Monorail
Line 17 is a 17.7 kilometre-long monorail line, which will connect
Thales s integrated telecommunications systems for Line 17 comprise Master Clock, Passenger Information and CCTV systems, as well as Transmission and Telephony subsystems. The telecommunications solution is based on a security and surveillance platform (Thales EPS SW) that enables operators to display, record and search video images - providing decision support for a wide range of operational scenarios. The Passenger Information system (Thales APIS SW) generates and distributes traffic-related information in real-time to both the operator and its users.
The implementation of this project will take 22 months.
Furthermore, the monorail is currently being equipped with Thales s SeltracŪ CBTC (Communications-Based Train Control) system and will therefore be equipped with an integrated solution, including signalling, telecommunications and security. With this integration, the operator will benefit from lower operation and maintenance costs. The selection of a combination of Thales solutions is also a demonstration of the trusting relationship that continues to exist between Thales and
Contractor name : JV OF THALES AND T TRANS
Contractor address : Thales
Implementing agency : 2nd Contractor :
SÃo Paulo - SP,
Phone:+55 11 3371-7411
Url : www.thalesgroup.com/
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks