The Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor's 500 index are closing at record highs Monday as investors regain their appetite for riskier stocks.
The Dow gained 112 points, or 0.7 per cent, to 16,695. The S&P 500 rose 18 points, or 1 per cent, to 1,896, surpassing its previous all-time high of 1,890 on
The Nasdaq composite rose 71 points, or 1.8 per cent, to 4,143.
The yield on the 10-year Treasury note rose to 2.65 per cent from 2.63 per cent on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast