Notice Type: Sources Sought Notice
Subject: Sources Sought / Request For Information for
Classification Code: 70 - General purpose information technology equipment
Solicitation Number: RFI-HIQD-PLM-0001
Place of Performance (address): 4225 Logistics AvenueWPAFB, OH
Place of Performance (zipcode): 45433
Place of Performance Country: US
Air Force Materiel Command
AFLCMC/HIK - WPAFB
Initiative: Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Notice Type: Request for Information/Market Research
The intent of this new PLM capability is to address common access by logistics and engineering communities to product data (referred to by the PLM capability as Product Lifecycle Information (PLI)). It must also provide accurate storage and quick retrieval of unclassified PLI to support efficient configuration management, integrated engineering processes across and between program offices, timely responses to customer requests for engineering and related technical assistance, and effective engineering analysis activities. These capabilities will be focused on delivering efficient upstream acquisition activities and downstream sustainment engineering processes that result in improved supply and maintenance customer support.
The following PLM capability descriptions are provided: * Manage and Synchronize PLI - This capability will enable change, generate, store, protect, configuration control and independently deliver PLI. The PLI managed under this capability includes life cycle logistics planning data, part items, bills of material, geometry (models and drawings), technical orders, maintenance and supply and other PLI. Configuration changes to USAF-managed system and equipment end items and their PLI will be coordinated through a formal change process. This capability will synchronize PLI resulting from configuration changes within PLI processes and integrate with external support capabilities (e.g., Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO), Enterprise Supply Chain Analysis, Planning and Execution (ESCAPE), Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), supply and financial systems). This capability supports disciplined systems engineering processes to maintain configuration baselines in compliance with Operational Safety Suitability and Effectiveness (OSS&E).
* Manage Engineering and Technical Assistance Request (ETAR) Processes - This capability provides a single point of access for stakeholders to request, monitor and receive assistance for enterprise development and sustainment activities. This enables a collaborative environment and standardized business process for responsible technical authorities to receive and resolve various forms of engineering and technical assistance requests. ETAR processes include receiving, tracking, prioritizing and resolving assistance requests to include initiating potential changes to PLI as required. ETAR closed-loop processes enable feedback and interaction with stakeholders for assistance requests and provide common methods to manage and report process effectiveness for continuous process improvement.
* Manage Engineering Analytics - This capability enables the use of analytical methods, tools, and models, conditional inputs/stimulus, and reports for engineers to perform analysis to optimize lifecycle logistics planning, weapons system and equipment end item performance, and associated products and operational processes. Engineering Analytics provide information to support risk-based decisions, execute problem solving activities, and validate designs in operational or engineering environments. This capability will expedite solutions by providing authoritative analytics that are traceable, repeatable, expandable, reusable and accessible. This capability enables the assurance of OSS&E and the integrity of USAF products and systems.
Attachment 1 is a
Name, mailing address, overnight delivery address (if different from mailing address), phone number, fax number, and e-mail of designated point of contact. Business type (large business, small business, small disadvantaged business, 8(a)-certified small disadvantaged business, HUBZone small business, woman-owned small business, very small business, veteran-owned small business, service-disabled veteran-owned small business) based upon North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code 511210
Attachment 2 is the PLM Mission Process Map; this should be used by any interested party to see the high level relationships of Business Processes for PLM. Attachment 3 is the PLM Business Process Maps; this should be used by any interested party to identify the Business Process Activities for delivering a PLM capability.
It is anticipated that the USAF will update this
RESPONSES REQUESTED: Interested parties shall submit electronic responses to this
DISCLAIMER: THIS REQUEST FOR INFORMATION is for Market Research purposes only and is being used as an instrument to identify potential sources that can provide the capabilities described within this notice. The information provided in this notice is subject to change and is not binding on the Government. This notice does not constitute an Invitation for Bids (IFB) or a Request for Proposal (RFP) and is not a commitment by the
If further information/clarification is needed or if there are questions regarding this announcement, the Interested Parties shall submit them in writing by e-mail to the Contracting POC below. Verbal questions will NOT be accepted. Questions will be answered by posting answers to the Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) website; accordingly, questions shall NOT contain proprietary or classified information.
An AFLCMC BES Wright-Patterson Ombudsman has been appointed to consider and facilitate the resolution of concerns from respondents and others for this
Contracting POC: Ms.
Contracting Office Address: AFLCMC/HIQK 4225 Logistics Avenue, Room S226,
Place of Performance:
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Ford Bumps Price of New F-150
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire