The pound that closed last week's deals at 1.6851 against the greenback climbed to 1.6882 at
The pound resumed early rally, reaching near 3-month high of 1.4968 versus the franc.
The pound hit 0.8155 against the euro for the first time since
The pound hovered around an early Asian session's high of 172.03 against the yen, compared to Friday's closing quote of 171.63.
If the pound extends gain, it may face resistance around 1.70 against the greenback, 173.00 against the yen, 1.50 against the franc and 0.81 against the euro.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007