"Our investment and focus on safe pediatric-specific medical therapies must grow as quickly as the children they will help heal," said Senator Markey. "My law helps bring together federal government, scientists and innovators to focus their skills on developing pediatric devices that are tailored and respond uniquely to the needs of children. I look forward to hearing from the
"Children are not just small adults; they need safe medical devices that are specifically designed for them," said AAP President
A copy of the letter to the
The Pediatric Medical Device Safety and Improvement Reauthorization Act, which passed in 2012 as a part of the reauthorization of the FDA Safety and Innovation Act, supports the continued development of medical devices intended specifically for children. The bipartisan legislation reauthorizes the original 2007 law co-authored by Senator Markey and Rep.
Read this original document at: http://www.markey.senate.gov/news/press-releases/markey-queries-fda-on-progress-developing-pediatric-medical-devices-and-therapies
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?