According to data released in
The most impressive growth was in
eMarketer estimates impressive growth in the number of smartphone users in MEA; however, our smartphone penetration figures for the region as a whole are much lower than the numbers from Ipsos MediaCT, likely due to different nations included by eMarketer as well as different methodologies. For this year, we expect the number of smartphone users in the region to jump 33.2% to reach 156.4 million. However, this will represent just over one-quarter of mobile phone users and 11.3% of the entire MEA population.
One trend that fuels smartphone uptake is the availability of lower-priced phones, and based on data released by the
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.