A co-financing deal to build a railway linking
The signing of the agreement was witnessed by visiting Chinese Premier Li Keqiang, together with presidents of
Li said that the presence of the African leaders and their representatives demonstrated African countries common desire to develop railway network in
Li said that a country has to improve transportation infrastructure before its economy takes off , adding that
The premier said that interconnection in
He said that the Mombasa-Nairobi railway is an important part of those networks.
He said that
The East African leaders said at the ceremony that the Mombasa-Nairobi railway will increase transport capacity of East African countries, accelerate interconnection and regional integration of
Li said that the building of the railway is a good start, and
He in addition said that the Chinese companies participating in the project will be asked to take on local people and provide them with training.
Li said, "Chinese companies have to abide by local rules and respect local customs during their operations here, and they have to fulfill their due social responsibilities .
Li said that since
He added that the common development of
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Ford Bumps Price of New F-150
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire