The firm said that the contribution from its general contracting arm dropped in the quarter, dropping to 24.6% of profits, compared to 35.9% during the same period last year.
Its engineering arm generated 56.8% of profits, which was an 11% increase on last year, while its oil & gas division operating in southern
In a statement, Drake & Scull said its backlog had increased by 35.8% to
He added that the firm's main strategy for the year is "to strengthen our balance sheet and reduce costs to deliver on our growing backlog".
"We expect in 2014 accelerated growth in emerging markets and particularly across the oil & gas and rail sectors."
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids