DIPLOMA, which makes industrial wiring systems and components, yesterday posted a two per cent rise in first-half pre-tax profit, despite the strength of sterling affecting overseas results in the industry.
Diploma, a supplier of components to Formula One cars, said pre-tax profit rose to £24.2m in the six months to the end of March from £23.8m a year earlier.
Diploma said growth was led by strong sales in the
The company reported higher revenues across all three of its business divisions. Revenue at its controls division, which supplies the aerospace, defence and motorsport industries, rose 11 per cent.
First-half revenue at Diploma, which derives about three-quarters of its revenue from outside the
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile