Abu Dhabi:The Dubai Financial Market (DFM) general index rose 1.47 per cent on Monday to end the day at 5,214.25, while the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX) index gained 0.38 per cent to reach 5,007.14.
DFM began the day's play with a plunge that saw the index drop from 5,138.86 to 5,019.73 in only a few minutes. However, that was followed by gradual increases throughout the day to close at 5,214.25.
Trade on ADX was similar, with the index dropping at the start of trade to around 4,940, and then gradually rising throughout the rest of the day.
"Whenever there's a steep drop in the market, it is usually followed by a noticeable rise, which explains the growth in DFM today. Everyone in the market had their eyes on the stock that dropped the most, which was
Al Hammadi added, "Most investors are focused on certain stocks like the blue chips in the market, and that's unsettling. For example, almost all investors focused on
Discussing projections, he expected stability or a slight decline in the market over the next couple of days.
In Dubai, Emaar inclined 0.50 per cent to close at a share price of Dh10, and
In the capital,
Of the 36 companies traded on ADX, 18 advanced, 14 declined, and four remained flat. Of the 32 stocks traded on DFM, 17 went up, 13 went down, and two remained unchanged.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Jennifer Lopez Throws Big Bash for Birthday
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders