NETWORK Rail yesterday announced its preferred bidders for lucrative contracts to run its conventional track renewals and improvement work for the next five years.
The lots are made up of Western,
"Building on our long term relationship with Network Rail, we are delighted to have been selected as preferred bidder and delivery partner for this major programme of track renewals work which will help to provide a more reliable railway for passengers and freight," said
The regions in which
In total, Network Rail is hoping to renew over 7,000km of track in the next five years.
"Working with our delivery partners, we will deliver a massive programme of work to maintain, renew and enhance thousands of miles of track over the next five years, with the goal of providing a more reliable railway for passengers and freight," said
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground