The positive lead for Asian markets from the Dow Jones Industrial Average, closing at a record high Friday, was offset by renewed concerns over
Pro-Russian separatists in the east of the country declared victory in a secession referendum Sunday, increasing tensions between the West and
The dollar was last trading at ¥101.89, compared with ¥101.82 late Friday in
The Hang Seng Index in
Mining stocks in
A number of markets were looking ahead to events on Tuesday. In
In a broad statement filled with ambitious goals and generalizations, the authorities pledged to establish a "multi-tier" capital market by 2020, encourage mixed corporate ownership and overhaul the nation's malfunctioning system of initial public offerings.
Late last month,
However, new issues were halted abruptly in March, when authorities stopped granting approvals because of flawed IPO rules and lackluster market conditions.
In other markets;
The Singapore Straits Times Index dipped 29.70 points, or 0.9%, to 3,222.43
New Zealand NZX 50 index recovered 9.75 points, or 0.2%, to 5,162.42
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian