Microsoft Tech Ed 2014 attendees will get a first look at the only automated application migration tool for modernizing enterprise server applications ahead of the end of life of Windows Server 2003 when AppZero releases AppZero V6 during the conference
AppZero is the only product available that can "up-level" your infrastructure, moving apps from an old OS to a newer one with the click of a button – allowing users to modernize and move to the cloud in one step.
"AppZero offers a good solution for those looking to move off of WS2003, said
"No one wants to risk running unsupported servers, but traditional reinstalls are time and manpower intensive, and require potentially missing install media and code," said
New capabilities in AppZero V6 include:
• Near-zero down time migrations – In order to minimize downtime, AppZero introduces a set of features that enable application migration with low or no down time and the flexibility to re-synchronize applications across machines. > Live Extractions: Application artifacts (files, registry, configuration, data) can be extracted, transformed, modernized and provisioned to a new destination machine or cloud while the source application is running.
> Pinpoint Extractions: Exception artifact list or change set artifact list can be processed in narrow time windows or migrated via with data base replication tools.
> Migration Re-sync: Provides an incremental approach to migration where synchronization of the production machine and the migration machine is automated, greatly reducing the overall migration lifecycle effort.
>Tether agent: an optional agent deployable on the source server to optimize transmission and accelerate migration time. Tether agent is particularly effective to aid in migration over the internet to a cloud destination.
• Application Discovery: Often there is no system of record for what applications and components are installed on the machines in the data center or cloud. AppZero Application Discovery is a tool for retrieving a list of products and components installed on local or remote machines. An applications and components list is valuable for portfolio remediation analysis, migration wave planning and to drive an application extraction session.
• AppZero Integration Pack for SCO: Migrations at scale can be driven from
AppZero V6 will be demonstrated at Tech Ed on
The end of support for Windows 2003 is viewed as one key opportunity to move to the cloud as many industries are changing out old systems. With some 10+ million servers still running Windows Server 2003 and an estimated
AppZero , a "Top 10 Hot Cloud Start-up to Watch," offers the only automated tool available to migrate applications onto newer operating systems; and has been recommended by
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/05/prweb11838751.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile