The organisers of
(Photo from Porto Cairo Facebook page)
While the tickets had a perforated edge so concert goers would be able to keep part of them as souvenirs, the complete ticket was rudely taken at the gate. Not the best way to start the evening. When we arrived inside the event, it became clear the stage was ridiculously far away from the where the audience was, and we appeared to have invaded a cheap dinner party. Row after row of junk food restaurants filled the audience area and we were ushered to our seats.
We had arrived ready to enjoy an evening of music, but the organisers had something else in mind. As soon as we sat down, we were asked to pay a minimum of
Seated at Studio Masr, my chair was directly next to a pole. As the pyrotechnics display began, fireworks were ignited directly above our heads, with fallout dropping down on us. Whatever propellant or fuel that was in the flame throwers that were part of the pyrotechnics display (also above my head, approximately a metre away), began to drip and splash my skin, hair and clothes and the heat was immense. If this was not enough to be worried about, I noticed the flame thrower was attached to the pole by Sellotape.
Needless to say, we moved because of this stunning lack of care for the safety of ticket holders. However, everywhere we stood we were ushered away by either by restaurant staff or the roaming security patrols, making it impossible to see the concert adequately. I did see a lot of waiters' backs and heard people calling for ketchup, yet that was not worth the money I spent on the ticket.
The audience were not the only ones suffering from the embarrassment that was the organisation of the concert.
At one point, the singer stopped his performance mid song. Seemingly, somebody had approached the stage. While the security did a great job of preventing paying guests from actually seeing the concert, they apparently failed miserably in keeping the performer secure.
In short, the evening was an unbelievable disaster from start to finish. The event put the safety of customers at risk while charging them extra money on site on top of the ticket price. It failed to accommodate an internationally renowned artist with the basic tools to perform to his standards. And most of all the organisers showed a blatant disrespect to both
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'