The Headlinemoney awards are judged by a panel of journalists and industry experts, and the Journalist of the Year award is described as its "most coveted prize". The award was presented by
The judges said Collinson was "deemed to have gone that little bit further than anyone else over the past year when it comes to the business of financial matters". Beating competition from
One judge said: "Patrick clearly has a deep understanding of many finance-related issues, but what's more he chooses ones to comment on that have a potentially wider impact across all manner of finance-related issues."
Another added: "He does put the boot in with some vigour, but he doesn't descend into a narrow rant."
Three articles by Ferguson, all published in Guardian Money, were described as "eye-opening" by the judges who awarded her the freelance prize. Ferguson won plaudits for her stories on how supermarkets use customer data and how lenders offer secret mortgage deals.
"There was plenty of variety in Donna's work, which is the hallmark of a decent freelancer."
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana