Revenue increased 9 percent to
"The profit and revenue increase has been due to an improvement in metal prices on the market," said
Tonnes mined increased by 1 percent to 1,4 million tonnes from the previous quarter mainly due to production ramp up at
Long term stabilisation of the areas affected by Mutambara Shear progressed well in the quarter with the full rehabilitation of the area expected to be completed by the end of the financial year.
Tonnes milled and metal in concentrate were below previous quarter's performance due to ore shortage arising from the mismatch between mining and milling at a time when the business was operating with minimal run of mine stocks.
Concentrates stockpiled in the previous quarter following the furnace tap block blow out incident in
The company's local spend (excluding payments to government and related institutions) decreased by 16 percent to
Total payments to government in direct and indirect taxes decreased by 29 percent to
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married