The company, which is controlled by
T-Mobile's quarterly total included 1.3 million long-term, good-credit customers. Of that number, 1.2 million were related to phones while 67,000 stemmed from tablets and other kinds of mobile devices.
These so-called postpaid customers are more lucrative and stable for wireless carriers. Elsewhere in the wireless industry, these are known as contract customers, but T-Mobile ended traditional two-year contract requirements when it introduced new pricing plans in
T-Mobile has been working to take customers away from larger carriers such as
For the period ended
Analysts polled by FactSet expected a loss of
Revenue jumped 47 percent to
Meanwhile, operating expenses rose 61 percent.
In midday trading, T-Mobile shares rose
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids