The final results from the annual survey of foreign portfolio holdings of U.S. securities at the end of
Complementary surveys measuring U.S. holdings of foreign securities are also carried out annually. Data from the most recent survey, reporting on securities held at year-end 2013, are currently being processed. Preliminary results are expected to be reported by
The survey measured the value of foreign portfolio holdings of U.S. securities as of
[note 1] Long-term debt securities have an original term-to-maturity of over one year.
[note 2] Asset-backed securities are backed by pools of assets, such as pools of residential home mortgages or credit card receivables, which give the security owners claims against the cash flows generated by the underlying assets. Unlike most other debt securities, these securities generally repay both principal and interest on a regular basis, reducing the principal outstanding with each payment cycle.
Click here (http://www.treasury.gov/press-center/press-releases/Pages/jl2379.aspx) to view table.
TNS 30VianaGem - 140501-4720799 30VianaGem
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders
- 'Big Bang' Writers Hit Comic-Con
- CalPERS Still Profiting From Tainted Investments