The Nikkei stock index fell slightly Friday in light pre-holiday trading as investors cashed in on recent gains ahead of a closely watched U.S. jobs report due out later in the day.
The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended down 27.62 points, or 0.19 percent, from Thursday at 14,457.51. Meanwhile, the broader
Decliners were led by utility, nonferrous metal and mining shares.
Japanese financial markets are closed through Tuesday for a weekend and national holidays.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row