Major card networks have recently announced they will certify new technology tools such as Near Field Communication Host Card Emulation (NFC HCE) to provision mobile payments. This technology represents a transformation in mobile payments in that it enables financial institutions to provision mobile payment apps by leveraging existing EMV contactless infrastructure without having to access the secure element in mobile phones, which is controlled by the major telecommunications network operators or carriers. NFC HCE will spur innovation in mobile payment and loyalty applications and the growth of mobile payments in
"The recent data breaches at a few major retailers in the U.S. are likely to finally jumpstart implementation of EMV chip payment cards in
Highlights of this Research Note include:
• A review of new technology tools to provision mobile payments (NFC HCE, BLE, QR codes)
• The role of the major card networks in the certification of this new technology and operating guidelines to provision mobile payments
• Review of security standards such as point-to-point encryption, tokenization, and biometrics.
• Review of new loyalty features that will be launched through these new technologies
• Select global markets growth in contactless payments with a focus on
Companies mentioned in this Research Note include:
This Research Note contains 20 pages and 4 exhibits.
For more information and media inquiries, please call
For free industry news, opinions, research, company information and more visit us at http://www.PaymentsJournal.com.
Follow us on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/MercatorAdvisor.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/05/prweb11816228.htm
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married