The news correspondents obtained a quote from the research, "The hybrid plate/3D model is obtained after convergence of a series of iterations between a global plate model of the structure and localized 3D models of the critical zones. This technique is nonintrusive because the global calculations can be carried out using commercial software."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "Evaluation tests show that convergence is fast and that the resulting hybrid model is very close to a full 3D model."
For more information on this research see: Nonintrusive coupling of 3D and 2D laminated composite models based on finite element 3D recovery.
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting G. Guguin, EADS IW,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American