Oil edged down below
Investors were encouraged by the Fed's pledge Wednesday following a policy meeting to keep short-term interest rates low to support the economy "for a considerable time" after its bond purchases end, likely late this year.
"The accommodative stance is certainly going to maintain the current upswings in consumer sentiment and spending,"
In a sign of confidence in the U.S. economy, the Fed said it would go ahead with plans to reduce bond purchases by
U.S. government data showed economic growth slowed to a 0.1 percent annualized rate in the January-March period from 2.6 percent in the previous quarter.
That was the weakest growth since late 2012 and was largely put down to the winter storms that hit
A hiring survey by the ADP payrolls processor said the U.S. economy added 220,000 jobs in April, up from 209,000 in March and the most since November. Official government figures are due Friday.
Crude for June delivery shed another
On Wednesday, the contract fell
In currency markets, the dollar was unchanged at
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007