Shares of Lloyds surged 5.5 per cent to add the most points to the
Lloyds also said it would apply to the Bank of
"Lloyds came out with a solid set of numbers which confirmed a turnaround in their business," said
Davies said Lloyds stock could rise to about 90p from its Thursday level just below 80p.
Most Popular Stories
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground
- 'Planet of the Apes' Still Rules the Box Office
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- Judge OKs Warrant for Google User's Mails
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- Perry Deploying 1,000 Troops to Texas Border