FAMILY friendly retailer Fat Face yesterday became the latest private equity-backed retailer to tee up a listing on the
The business, which has about 200 stores across the
"There are lots of hurdles to cross before we float but this is the right time," Fat Face chief executive
Fat Face, which takes its name from
Almost 80 per cent of Fat Face's customers are married or co-habiting and the average customer is 41 years old. Four in ten have young children.
"It continues to attract a broad church of customers who like relaxed casual clothing. We're not planning on selling suits anytime soon," Thompson said.
"Our customers don't want to be two steps ahead of catwalk fashion. We didn't help ourselves in 2008 and 2009 when there was a slight reposition of the brand towards younger consumers. Our customers said that's not what we want and we listened."
BEHIND THE DEAL CITIBANK |
2 Wormsley has advised on enormous deals including
3 He was previously
Fat Face is being advised by joint global co-ordinators, joint sponsors and joint bookrunners Citibank and Jefferies, with
OLIVER SMITH ARE YOU A TYPICAL FAT FACE CUSTOMER?
Most Popular Stories
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June