"Celldex continues to advance one of the most robust, well-staged pipelines in immuno-oncology," said
Rindopepimut ("rindo"; CDX-110) in EGFRvIII(v3)-Positive Glioblastoma (GBM):
• Celldex continues to enroll newly diagnosed patients with GBM in ACT IV, the Phase 3 registration study and, consistent with previous guidance, anticipates completion of enrollment in mid-2014.
• Celldex continues to enroll patients with recurrent GBM in ReACT, a Phase 2 study that includes patients both naÏve and refractory to Avastin®. Enrollment to Group 1 (n=70 Avastin-naÏve patients) and enrollment of at least the first 23 patients in Group 2C (n=up to 73 Avastin-refractory patients) is expected to be completed by year-end 2014. (Group 2C is designed as a two-stage cohort; evidence of anti-tumor activity in the first 23 patients will trigger full completion of enrollment to this arm of the study). Updated data from the study will be presented by year-end 2014.
Glembatumumab vedotin ("glemba"; CDX-011) targeting gpNMB in multiple cancers:
• In December, Celldex initiated a randomized, accelerated approval study (METRIC) of glembatumumab vedotin in patients with metastatic triple negative breast cancers that overexpress the tumor associated marker gpNMB. To date more than 50 sites are open to enrollment. In total, the study is expected to include approximately 100 sites in
• Celldex continues to advance plans to initiate Phase 2 studies of glembatumumab vedotin in metastatic melanoma and squamous cell lung cancer in the second half of 2014.
Varlilumab ("varli"; CDX-1127), an immune modulating mAb targeting CD27 in solid tumors and hematologic malignancies:
• Celldex continues to advance plans to initiate multiple Phase 1/2 studies of varlilumab in combination with various agents in the second half of 2014, including a Phase 1/2 study of varlilumab and Yervoy® (and potentially other checkpoint inhibitors) plus CDX-1401 in NY-ESO+ patients with metastatic melanoma and a Phase 1/2 study of varlilumab plus B-raf targeted pathway agents (followed sequentially by a checkpoint inhibitor) for patients with B-raf mutated metastatic melanoma.
• Celldex will present data from the Phase 1 varlilumab program in two separate Poster Highlight Sessions at the 2014
CDX-1401, an antibody-based dendritic cell targeted vaccine targeting tumors expressing the NY-ESO-1 oncoprotein:
• A Phase 1/2 study of varlilumab and Yervoy (and potentially other checkpoint inhibitors) plus CDX-1401 in NY-ESO+ patients with metastatic melanoma is planned to initiate in the second half of 2014. In addition, Celldex will provide support for a
CDX-301 (Flt3L), a potent hematopoietic cytokine that stimulates the expansion and differentiation of hematopoietic stem cells and dendritic cells:
• Celldex continues to advance plans to initiate combination studies of CDX-301 in 2014 to explore its potential for improving hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and potentiating immune activation. A pilot study of CDX-301 alone and in combination with Mozobil® in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation will be initiated in the third quarter. In addition, Celldex will support an investigator sponsored Phase 1/2 study of intratumoral injection of CDX-301 and Hiltonol® in combination with low-dose radiotherapy for patients with low-grade B-cell lymphomas in 2014.
First Quarter 2014 Financial Highlights and 2014 Guidance
Cash position: Cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities as of
Revenues: Total revenue was
R&D Expenses: Research and development (R&D) expenses were
G&A Expenses: General and administrative (G&A) expenses were
Net loss: Net loss was
Financial guidance: Celldex expects that its cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities will be sufficient to fund its operating expenses and capital expenditure requirements through 2016.
Avastin® is a registered trademark of
Celldex is developing targeted therapeutics to address devastating diseases for which available treatments are inadequate. Our pipeline is built from a proprietary portfolio of antibodies and immunomodulators used alone and in strategic combinations to create novel, disease-specific therapies that induce, enhance or suppress the body's immune response. Visit www.celldex.com.
Forward Looking Statement
This release contains "forward-looking statements" made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including those related to the Company's strategic focus and the future development and commercialization (by Celldex and others) of rindopepimut (CDX-110), glembatumumab vedotin ("glemba"; CDX-011), varlilumab (CDX-1127), CDX-1401, CDX-301 and other products and our goals for 2014. Forward-looking statements reflect management's current knowledge, assumptions, judgment and expectations regarding future performance or events. Although management believes that the expectations reflected in such statements are reasonable, they give no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct and you should be aware that actual results could differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, our ability to successfully complete research and further development and commercialization of rindopepimut, glembatumumab vedotin and other drug candidates; our ability to obtain additional capital to meet our long-term liquidity needs on acceptable terms, or at all, including the additional capital which will be necessary to complete the clinical trials that we have initiated or plan to initiate; the uncertainties inherent in clinical testing and accruing patients for clinical trials; our limited experience in bringing programs through Phase 3 clinical trials; our ability to manage and successfully complete multiple clinical trials and the research and development efforts for our multiple products at varying stages of development; the availability, cost, delivery and quality of clinical and commercial grade materials produced by our own manufacturing facility or supplied by contract manufacturers, who may be our sole source of supply; the timing, cost and uncertainty of obtaining regulatory approvals; the failure of the market for the Company's programs to continue to develop; our ability to protect the Company's intellectual property; the loss of any executive officers or key personnel or consultants; competition; changes in the regulatory landscape or the imposition of regulations that affect the Company's products; and other factors listed under "Risk Factors" in our annual report on Form 10-K.
All forward-looking statements are expressly qualified in their entirety by this cautionary notice. You are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this release. We have no obligation, and expressly disclaim any obligation, to update, revise or correct any of the forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
|CELLDEX THERAPEUTICS, INC.|
|(In thousands, except per share amounts)|
|OF OPERATIONS DATA||Ended |
|Product Development and Licensing Agreements||$ 35||$ 30|
|Contracts and Grants||381||50|
|Research and Development||27,070||14,090|
|General and Administrative||4,582||3,138|
|Amortization of Acquired Intangible Assets||253||253|
|Total Operating Expense||31,905||19,815|
|Investment and Other Income, Net||1,586||379|
|Net Loss||$ (29,903)||$ (17,332)|
|Basic and Diluted Net Loss per|
|Common Share||$ (0.33)||$ (0.23)|
|Weighted Average Common|
|BALANCE SHEETS DATA|
|Cash, Cash Equivalents and Marketable Securities||$ 274,226||$ 302,983|
|Other Current Assets||2,593||2,206|
|Property and Equipment, net||10,216||9,973|
|Intangible and Other Assets, net||31,664||31,933|
|Total Assets||$ 318,699||$ 347,095|
|LIABILITIES AND STOCKHOLDERS' EQUITY|
|Current Liabilities||$ 19,507||$ 20,350|
|Total Liabilities and Stockholders' Equity||$ 318,699||$ 347,095|
CONTACT: Company Contact:
Sarah CavanaughVice President of Investor Relations & Corp Communications Celldex Therapeutics, Inc.(781) 433-3161 firstname.lastname@example.org Media Inquiries: Dan Budwick Pure Communications, Inc.(973) 271-6085 email@example.com