Below is Chairman Chairman Johnson's Statement as Prepared for Delivery.
"We will now move to the consideration of S. 1217, the Housing Finance Reform and Taxpayer Protection Act of 2014. This legislation, offered by Senators Corker and Warner along with a number of our other colleagues on this Committee, would wind down
"As all of the Members already know, there continue to be important discussions to build a larger coalition supporting the bill. While we have the votes to report the bill out today, Members of the Committee have asked for a brief delay to try to work out additional issues prior to a final vote. To allow time for those discussions to be completed, we will shortly recess the executive session subject to the call of the Chair. I have talked with Ranking Member Crapo, and we will continue working with interested Members on both sides. Staff will notify Members when the Committee is set to reconvene in the coming days."
TNS 30FurigayJof-140430-4719136 30FurigayJof
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya