Avaz, a speech therapy app developed by
Proceeds from the latest round will be used to expand its footprint into overseas areas and also to come up with more advanced app by adding new features into it.
Incubated at IIT Madras, Avaz is a picture-based communication tool that helps autistic children use their picture identification skill to create picture messages, which are then spoken out by a speech engine.
The app also has an integrated keyboard which allows the child to alternate between selecting pictures and typing text. The app is already popular across the US,
Prior to this investment, Mumbai Angels along with
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June