In the past year,
G&K also reduced water consumption by continuing to deploy industry leading water reuse systems in its laundry facilities. In the past year, G&K installed these systems in three more of its locations, reducing these facilities' fresh water use by up to 40 percent. In addition to lowering water usage, G&K continued to invest in heat recovery systems that reduce natural gas consumption and lower greenhouse gas emissions. The company has now installed boiler heat recovery systems in over half of its laundry facilities. G&K has also started to introduce a heat recovery process for use on dryers.
Within its fleet of delivery vehicles,
The foundation of G&K's environmental stewardship efforts is a robust compliance program. Over the past year, G&K invested in an improved information system which helps the company manage its environmental obligations and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. The company has also taken steps to improve its environmental compliance processes and strengthen its team of environmental professionals. These initiatives enable G&K to better manage its environmental programs and identify opportunities for future improvements.
To learn more about these, and other environmental stewardship initiatives at G&K, visit www.gkservices.com/award-winning-environmental-stewardship About G&K Services, Inc.
Keywords for this news article include: Energy, Oil & Gas, Natural Gas,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs