The U.S. dollar dropped slightly to the mid-102 yen zone Wednesday in
The euro was quoted at
The dollar recovered to the level seen in the morning around
The BOJ projected in the report that the country's consumer prices will likely rise around 2 percent in fiscal 2015 and fiscal 2016, maintaining its goal to achieve 2 percent inflation in about two years.
The report diminished expectations for further monetary easing by the central bank, prompting yen-buying, dealers said.
However, BOJ Governor
In morning trading, the U.S. currency weakened somewhat after its rise to the upper
Players in overseas markets viewed additional sanctions on
Although the U.S. Federal Reserve is scheduled to conclude its two-day policy meeting later in the day, Barclay's Kadota said it is unlikely to provide market-moving incentives, with no fresh decisions expected.
Market participants' focus is shifting to the U.S. jobs report for April due out on Friday, he added.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego