This new family of peptides is able to shuttle a variety of therapeutic and biologics into the brain and their transport is not limited by the size of the transported therapeutic or its composition. This family, the second generation of Transcend, offers multiple advantages compared to Transcend. For example, the costs of production are extremely low as the peptides can be easily synthesized and a wide variety of peptide-cargo conjugates with different applications to a range of diseases can be produced simply and predictably. The peptide vectors are particularly well-suited to coupling to small molecule chemotherapeutics and other drugs. Thus development of new drugs using these new shuttle vectors can be accomplished more quickly and at much lower costs. This new family of novel chemical entities will provide a strong patent position for the company and its current and future partners.
Keywords for this news article include: Medical, Therapy, Peptides, Proteins, Healthcare, Amino Acids (see also Medical, Healthcare).
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Jennifer Lopez Throws Big Bash for Birthday
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders