Florida entrepreneur Mike B. Fernandez will kick off the 2014 Distinguished Entrepreneur Lecture Series of business talks and networking events at St. Thomas University School of Business in Miami Gardens, Fla. The school invites the public to attend.
The event will be held at the Law School Moot Courtroom, with a light lunch to follow to encourage networking, on April 23 from noon-1:15 p.m. To register, click here.
Mr. Fernandez is chairman of MBF Healthcare Partners LP, a Coral Gables private equity firm that focuses on investing in health-care service companies nationwide. With 25 years of experience in the industry, he was founder, president and CEO of Group Tech Systems Inc., the first national database of group health insurance information, according to a news release.
Health-care companies he founded include Physician's Healthcare Plans of Florida, Careplus Health Plans, Atlantic Dental, Hospitalist of America and Medical Specialties Distributors.
He is also a public company board member of Mednax and an owner of Simply Healthcare Plans, Clear Health Alliance, Navarro Pharmacies, Nutriforce Nutrition, eMindful and Concordia Behavioral Health.
St. Thomas University presented Mr. Fernandez with an honory doctoral degree at the Class of 2012 December commencement.
St. Thomas offers undergraduate scientific research and programs of study at the undergraduate, graduate and law school level.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller