Florida entrepreneur Mike B. Fernandez will kick off the 2014 Distinguished Entrepreneur Lecture Series of business talks and networking events at St. Thomas University School of Business in Miami Gardens, Fla. The school invites the public to attend.
The event will be held at the Law School Moot Courtroom, with a light lunch to follow to encourage networking, on April 23 from noon-1:15 p.m. To register, click here.
Mr. Fernandez is chairman of MBF Healthcare Partners LP, a Coral Gables private equity firm that focuses on investing in health-care service companies nationwide. With 25 years of experience in the industry, he was founder, president and CEO of Group Tech Systems Inc., the first national database of group health insurance information, according to a news release.
Health-care companies he founded include Physician's Healthcare Plans of Florida, Careplus Health Plans, Atlantic Dental, Hospitalist of America and Medical Specialties Distributors.
He is also a public company board member of Mednax and an owner of Simply Healthcare Plans, Clear Health Alliance, Navarro Pharmacies, Nutriforce Nutrition, eMindful and Concordia Behavioral Health.
St. Thomas University presented Mr. Fernandez with an honory doctoral degree at the Class of 2012 December commencement.
St. Thomas offers undergraduate scientific research and programs of study at the undergraduate, graduate and law school level.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border