The strategy proposes a lending program of
As the Government is discussing the budget, Minister of Finance, Dr.
"For the past two decades,
Guided by the priorities of the government's National Development Plan "Vision 2030 Jamaica", the
- Modernizing the public sector by strengthening the government capacity and effectiveness. New activities will focus on the implementation of a new Debt Law and will support the reform of the public pension system and the Public Sector Investment Program. It will improve customs administration and standardization of the
- Creating an enabling environment for private sector growth by fostering investments in high potential sectors, such as logistics and agriculture. The strategy is expected to help reduce the time needed for an entrepreneur to register a new business, obtain a construction permit and pay taxes. It will also provide digital training opportunities for the youth and establish regional incubators for mobile and climate innovations.
- Building social and climate resilience by strengthening the government's social protection programs and supporting the development of a comprehensive framework for disaster and climate risk management. It also aims to increase the number of Jamaicans benefiting from social assistance programs, as well as the number of households with access to water, electricity and regular solid waste collection.
About half of the resources to implement the CPS will be provided as Development Policy Loans that largely fund policy reform through rapidly-disbursed budgetary support. The remainder will be provided through Investment Project Financing in line with the goals of ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity. The CPS defines the action plan jointly prepared by the Government of
A critical part in the strategy will be played by IFC, the largest global development institution focused exclusively on the private sector. IFC will invest in infrastructure, financial sector, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and growth related sectors.
MIGA will continue to facilitate foreign direct investment and private sector development by offering its traditional political risk insurance products on infrastructure, energy, agribusiness and other growth related sectors.
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140430-30FurigayJane-4717899 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom