Beneficiaries of its N500 million micro, small and medium enterprise credit loan scheme in Benue State have been advised against diverting funds meant for their entrepreneurship to other ventures.
State Governor, Gabriel Suswam, gave the warning while disbursing the loan to beneficiaries at a ceremony at
While he decried the low entrepreneurship among the people of the state, the governor stressed the need for beneficiaries to imbibe good entrepreneurship, observing that it will add value to their lives.
Suswam, who pledged government's resolve to continue to improve on the well being of the people through job and wealth creation, reiterated the resolve of government to assist entrepreneurs achieve their desire in the area of business.
At the occasion, the Managing Director,
Orya, who was worried that Benue can become a hub for export with the abundant resources at its disposal, if properly harnessed, noted that if this is embarked upon it would greatly enhance the economy of the state.
The State Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Atoza Ihindan, explained that Benue entered into an agreement with the
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years