The preliminary data from the
The figure was lower than Bank of
GDP was 3.1% higher in the first quarter of 2014 compared with the same quarter a year ago, data said.
The Bank of
Pulling away from an early high of 1.6847 against the greenback, the pound reached as low as 1.6793 when the data came out. The pound may challenge support around the 1.67 zone.
The pound eased back versus the yen with pair trading around 172.36, after having advanced to near 4-week high of 172.92 in early deals. If the pound continues slide, it is likely to find downside target around the 171.00 region.
The pound fell to near a 2-week low of 1.4770 against the franc, reversing from a high of 1.4830 hit a short while ago. The pound is poised to seek support at the 1.47 mark.
The pound reversed from an early high of 0.8225 against the euro and slipped back to 0.8259, its lowest since
German preliminary consumer price inflation for April is due at
The US S&P/Case-Shiller home price index for February and consumer confidence index for April are set for release in the
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges