A Portuguese company which botched the reconstruction of one of the major avenues in
The road in question,
The Portuguese company Construtora Britalar won the contract and should have delivered the rebuilt road to the
Samples of the materials used by Britalar were collected and sent to three laboratories, two in
Speaking at a
Fonseca said that Britalar has presented a programme of work to rebuild the road again, starting in May, and lasting for 70 days. The rebuilding will be done in phases to avoid excessive disruption to traffic.
Fonseca guaranteed that supervisors will follow Britalar's work closely to ensure that all the technical recommendations are complied with, in line with the new contract that Britalar has signed with the Council.
The other 1.9 kilometres of the avenue does not suffer from the same problems. "In this section the drainage has been concluded, and the embankments are being built. It is forecast that the road will be delivered in October this year", said Fonseca.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges