This is a soft and concessionary loan for
This loan would support key reforms in the energy sector to ensure uninterrupted supply of cheaper and dependable power to industrial and private consumers, who were adversely affected by long power outages.
This important energy sector assistance will propel growth, boost businesses, and create jobs that are critical to reduce poverty in the country.
The programme supports government's plans to rationalize tariffs and eliminate subsidies by 2016, except for low income customers.
The reforms improve transparency and accountability, which also go a long way in leveraging stronger private sector led investments in the power sector.
The full programme is set to complete by
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile