He has taken celebrated photographs of the most beautiful women in the world and his name is synonymous with the glamorous jet-set world of the fashion shoot. Now
He was born and grew up in the Peruvian capital,
"It's going through an explosion of everything because everything it lacked when I left, now the other places lack and it's here," he said at the private launch of his exhibition at the art deco house he converted into a gallery in
The gallery is part of his arts foundation, the
Testino, 59, below right, who was awarded an honorary OBE last year, has become something of a cultural ambassador between the
Among the photos in his exhibition are the famous black-and-white portraits of Diana, Princess of
Testino has only good words to say about all his leading ladies, but it is his group photographs that he feels best reflect his talent. "Our identity as Latin Americans is that we always belong to a group of friends and family. We're always surrounded by people."
The photographer, recently appointed president of the board of the World Monuments Fund Peru, has taken to photographing traditional festivals in the Andes. "Not many people know the wealth of our costumes," he said. "All the different styles we have all around our mountains . . . even one province, Cusco, has such variety in the way they dress."
But his globetrotting lifestyle appears far from over. He said: "I think life has it all planned for you, and life has been generous to me."
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs